Game Idea Research

 Endless Runner



The game I decided to focus on making is an endless runner game as I think I'll find it the most enjoyable to work on for the rest of the semester.

Here is a good article I found that describes the game mechanics of an endless runner game:

Article Here

The article does a good job of explaining the game mechanics of most endless runner games and the game progression.

Here are the game mechanics:

1. Warm up:

To let the players adapt to everything in the game, you should give the player between 7-12 seconds to run freely and figure the game out, during this time you can introduce the player to the game core mechanics or introduce collectables.

2. Calibrate:

Once the player figure out the basics of the game you can provide them with a simple challenge that is hard to fail, such as placing an obstacle on the path or jumping over an object.

3. Reward:

After the player completes some of the challenges you can introduce them to some rewards they can win the further they get, it makes the game more fun to play and it faces them with a challenge.

4. Challenges:

The further the player gets in the game you can increase the speed to make it harder for the player to succeed.

Here is an analysis of Subway Surfers

Article on endless runner games




Comments

  1. Hi Karolina, I like your game idea as I used to love playing Temple Run and Subway Surfers. The research you do is brilliant. The way you broke it down is easy to ready and I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what version you come up with and I'm really looking forward to play your game!
    All the best, Denis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Game Design Document

Game Brainstorm