Alpha

 


This week I continued working on my game, I added a script that removes the old tiles behind my player to save space, I also made the different tiles spawn randomly in front of my player as he runs forward as I prepared a few different bridges in the prefabs folder.

Once I did that I moved on to building the score system with the score showing up at the top left of the screen, as the player moves forward and gets further in the game the difficulty of the game increases.

Next week I will focus on adding a death condition when my player collides with an obstacle, Once the player dies he will stop moving and also the score will stop and will be documented. I will also work on building a death menu with a small animation and the option to play again or return to the main menu.

This week I didn't have much difficulty while developing the game.

Comments

  1. I like your idea for removing old game tiles after the player has moved on, being someone with a slow computer i would very much appreciate any performance enhancements while playing.
    its cool how you have tiles spawning randomly in front of the player, maybe you could add particle effects of some kind when they appear to cover over any kind of gaps left to make it look a bit more fluid.
    i think it is quite cool how you will have difficulty scaling in your game. it will be a good way of keeping your players engaged for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karolina, I love the idea of removing the old tiles after the player moves forwards, sometimes my laptop is a bit slow, so adding some performance enhancements is a great thing to do while playing. Spawning the tiles is a good idea, spawning them in front of the player is a good way of doing it, adding particle effects is a good idea when the player is running or jumping, it's what I've done in my game and it just adds a bit extra to the overall look of the game. Scaling the difficulty of your game is a great way to keep the players more interested, great job, good luck with the rest of the module!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karolina! It looks like your game is coming along really well! Removing offscreen tiles is a really good idea and something I should consider implementing into my own game too. I like the idea of having different bridges spawning, it definitely keeps the game interesting. It's good to see that you have a plan for what you want to do next in your development. Have you thought about adding any type of scenery or are you going to keep it simple and focus on the bridge and player? Curious to see the final game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Game Design Document

Game Brainstorm