First Playable

 


This week I worked more on developing my game, I figured out how to add gravity to my character by adding a rigidbody to my player and I also made the player be able to go either left and right by going back to previous unity tutorials and implementing them into my game.

I then added the appropriate code for the camera to follow my player as he runs forward, I also added a little camera animation at the begging of the scene to make it look more stylish and I restricted the camera on the x and y axis.

I then moved on to making a variety of bridge/tile prefabs that will be spawned at random while the game is running. Once I had the bridge prefabs ready I created a tile manager in which I make the bridge prefabs spawn as the player moves forward. 

This time I didn't have much difficulty while working on the game, although it was very time-consuming. 

What I'm planning to develop next week in my game is to have the old tiles behind my player removed as he moves forward and to make sure the spawn is working right so it supports all the different tiles I have in my prefabs folder. I will also try to implement a score system that keeps track of the players score while also modifying the difficulty of the game as the player progresses. I will also create some UI that will display the score.

Comments

  1. Hey Karolina! I just read your Prototype and First Playable and think you're off to a really good start. I like how in your Prototype you focused on getting one thing completed for the week which ended up with you having your Player and their movement almost finished. Our games our similar enough in the way I will also need to use a tile manager. I was wondering will you include a certain landscape or terrain in the background of your game? I like the way you have laid out your blog too, you've said exactly what you've done and what you will do in next weeks task. Good luck with the rest of the game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Game Design Document

Game Brainstorm