Unity Tutorial 6

 


In this weeks tutorial I learned how to add UI to my game t show the health of my character. To create a UI I first had to make a canvas which is a game object, I chose for the UI  to be displayed in a screen space which will display Ruby's health all the time and wont be hidden by any objects in the world. I also learned how to how to use the canvas scaler to fit the screen size of the player. 

I then learned how to add an image to the UI which will be the health meter for Ruby. Once I had my health bar set up, I added an image of Ruby into the health meter to finish off the UI. I added a blue health bar to the meter to show Rubys health, if the bar is full it means that Ruby is health but if the bar is reduced to zero that means Ruby's heath is at zero.

Once I finished I created a script for the health bar called UIHealthBar.

In the next tutorial I added a new character to the world. The new character is a frog which Ruby can talk to and interact with. I added a dialog UI to the game which will make a small dialog box appear above the frogs head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Introduction

Game Design Document

Game Brainstorm